As an educator with more than 25 years’ experience in developing and using instructional technology in the classroom and online, I have a feel for what works when providing material being covered in a course. My development process has always used student suggestions to help with the development of tutorials, videos, animations, and e-learning material.
As a learner in a formal setting, while taking graduate courses in online learning and instructional design at Appalachian State University and East Carolina University, I have acquired an extensive background in instructional design, e-learning, and course development.
The majority of my experience using instructional technology has been through hands-on development as a self-learner. I have used PowerPoint and Prezi as classroom presentation tools, but taken the use of PowerPoint, along with an add-on iSpring, into the creation of powerful, engaging, and visually appealing e-learning material.
Although this list is only a sample of areas that I can provide professional development or instructional design/development in, this list will give you an idea of services that I can provide.
Professional development courses:
- Basic to advanced features of PowerPoint
- Re-designing of PowerPoint presentations
- Creation of e-learning material utilizing a variety of software and techniques (PowerPoint, iSpring, 2D Animation, Adobe Captivate, SoftChalk, screencasting, video, audio, etc.)
- Course syllabus re-design- making your course syllabus follow along with course presentations
- ADA compliance of documents and presentation files
- Creation of 2D animation and screencast
- PowerPoint presentations
- Re-design of existing, text-laden PowerPoint presentations into more visually appealing presentations
- Documents meeting ADA Compliance
- Creation of e-learning instruction
- Creation of 2D animation
In addition to providing the services mentioned above, I provide fill-in coverage to check dental hygiene (am willing to travel), as well as provide a board-approved (North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners) certification course on monitoring nitrous oxide in the dental officewith .